A special Father’s Day Weekend Experience
- Journey from the 1886 Post Office Lobby to an authentic 1920’s Speakeasy with hidden Beer & Wine Cellar with the Adirondacks’s largest selection of craft import beers!
- With glass in hand wander to our beach on picturesque and secluded Lake Clear…where Einstein relaxed.
- Soak in one of the world’s most inspirational mountain-lake sunsets – it will take your breath away!
- From there meander to the Lakeview Dining Center & our Schnitzel Bistro!
Add to the Fun
- 30 Minute History of Beer Workshop while your family enjoys the lake views
- 30 Minute Make your own Spaetzel with Chef Cathy Hohmeyer – fun for the whole family!
Friday, June 19th: Friday Night Sunset & Schnitzel!
Special World of Schnitzel! 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- What is a schnitzel?
While its roots are varied, folklore has its roots with the Romans. Their legions always on the move would necessitate eating off the land. To offer something more palatable, they would take game or meat, hand-cut it (“Schnitt” in Schnitzel means to cut) pound to thin and soften, immerse it in breadcrumbs and place it on a skillet. In other words, an authentic breaded cutlet (the Hohmeyer family from Germany add on a secret ingredient generations protected!). Throughout Europe there are many different versions of Schnitzel with northern Germany being more classic pork schnitzel, southern Germany adding sauces to make Jager Schnitzel and Austria with Weiner Schnitzel. So now you know, Weiner Schnitzel is not a hot dog!).
Now you can taste the World of Schnitzel:
- Jager – Segonna (Gypsy) – Classic – Chicken – Pork – Veal – Vegetarian Mushroom Schnitzel
- Chef Cathy Hohmeyer’s Pretzel with homemade mustard
- Choice of Schnitzel
- Old World Cucumber Salad
- Hand-rolled Spaetzle
- Lodge Famous Red Cabbage
- Bavarian Dessert
$39.95 for Adults. Half-price for children under 10. Please call us at 518-891-1489 to reserve this limited experience!
Saturday, June 20th: Great Camp Dinner Baskets & Gourmet Takeout
- Order À La Carté Takeout
Choose from Adirondack Alps Appetizers, Chef Cathy Hohmeyer’s famous sides or simply a main entrée! And, don’t forget those savory Old-World desserts!
- History of Adirondack Food Family Dinner Platter - For takeout, or enjoy a Great Camp Dinner Basket in our Lake View Great Camp or at the Beach!
A dinner kit of food, fun and education. Make dinner time more than food with family fun with a special History of Adirondack Food Platter.
We theme the food offerings with the experience with live video demos, tastings, recipes and of course trivia, that is designed to make dinner-time savory and fun! Oh yes, you may learn a thing or two! It’s great for family dinner-time conversation!
Family Dinner Platter Includes:
- History of Adirondack Food Main Entrée Platter
Sized for four or six guests, receive an Old World salad and your choice of up to four (or six) different main entrées with Chef's accompaniments! Entrée options include Farm-to-Fork Vegetable Strudel, Cure Cottage Wild Caught Pike in Puffed Pastry, Grand Hotel Roast Duckling, Pioneer Roast Pork Loin, Adirondack Beef Sauerbraten, Pioneer Chicken Schnitzel, and Grand Hotel Veal Schnitzel.
- Fresh-Made Dessert for Your Party
Choose your dessert add-on: options include a full Pioneer Mountain-Berry or your choice of a half or whole Cure-Cottage Apple Strudel.
- Trivia Card Packet
Challenge your family’s food I.Q. with facts and fun!
- Live at 8:00 PM: An Introduction to the History of Adirondack Food.
A 30-minute live video with hosts Chef Cathy Hohmeyer & Ernest Hohmeyer. What are the eras of Adirondack Food? Are there Common Roots to today’s food? As we explain, Chef Cathy will demo several food items and their journey through Adirondack Food history.
Add to the Fun
- Have Ernest Add-on a Wine or Beer pairing from the World-famous 1920’s Lodge Speakeasy hidden Beer & Wine Cellar
- Special Take-home History of Beer Tasting Kit, Complete with Unique Beer Mat to place the beers with tasting notes and a brief history, 20-minute video with Beer lover and proprietor Ernest Hohmeyer with an introduction to the History of Beer while you taste away!