Waterfront & Nature Based Weddings
Do you hear the ripples of Adirondack water creating a symphony for your special ceremony? Do you see their natural cascading confetti as you gaze out to a setting sun on a serene mountain range which frames a natural arbor?
Imagine your special day in one of the last of the original Adirondack Great Lodges open to the public, in nature's bouquet of New York State's only wilderness canoe region. An Adirondack destination ceremony of woods-and-water trellised by one of the world's most inspiring mountain lake sunsets. Then, meander hand-in-hand to a unique reception in a 1920s Adirondack Speakeasy or Lakeview Retreat Center and savor the new unity with the fusion cuisine of our award winning Adirondack Alps Restaurant. As the sun settles over Lake Clear, stroll our nature trails to your honeymoon artisan chalet. Let our Adirondack nature nurture your new beginning.
Diverse Settings of Great Camp-style Reception & Ceremony Venues
The Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat offers full nature-based destination amenities in an original hand-crafted artisan style:
Fireside Rathskeller - 50 Guests
A truly unique reception room with a large stone fireplace that houses the Adirondacks only hand-crafted Wine & Beer Cellar featured in USA TODAY with the Park’s largest selection of craft import beers.
Lake-side Tents - 125 Guests
On one of the most spectacular and secluded bodies of water that serves as the portal to New York State’s only wilderness canoe region are typically part of our nature based experiences and can also be used for larger events.
Lake View Retreat Center - 100 Guests
Vaulted Great Camp-style ceiling, immense fireplace, stone patio and beautiful mountain lake view. Our Retreat Center overlooks secluded Lake Clear and has 21st C amenities including an integrated audio and visual system and catering amenities.
Adirondack Alps Restaurant - 50 Guests
The heart and soul of our culinary based experience: 1886 hand-hewn dining room can accommodate your group needs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Three styles of accommodations for the wedding party and your guests; each with their own story to tell.
Main Lodge Rooms
Each with differing motifs and all with individual baths in our 1886 heritage Main Lodge.
Designed to be spaciously set apart throughout our 25 acres and are largely built from milled wood from our property.
With fireplaces, sitting decks and incredible lake views.
Adirondack Alps Cuisine
A key flavor of our nature based experience is our heritage food and culinary philosophy. Our roots in Adirondack cooking go back to the 1800’s when Chef Cathy Hohmeyer’s family originally built the Lodge as a stage coach inn. This pioneering heritage has now been brought forward to a 100 mile product focus that is fused with Ernest’s European lineage of Old World preparations of slow roasts, vegetarian stocks, bone broths and of course incredible desserts.
Personal Touches to Your Wedding
You are only limited to your imagination in terms of adding special touches. You are in the epicenter of Adirondack Park activities ranging from cosmopolitan to rustic, from indoor fun to outdoor imagination – you truly can do it all. Here are just a few examples:
Adirondack Wedding Packages
We offer three Adirondack Discovery wedding packages – all which may be personalized. We have performed simple intimate natural weddings to beautiful Adirondack Great Camp style experiences. The common theme of all of these experiences is our natural setting and foods, the personalization of 3 generations of family and the authenticity of one of the last Adirondack Great lodges open to the public.
Tier 1: Rustic Simplicity Wedding Package
Investments typically start from $100 - $125 per guest. Group lodging rates that require minimum participation generally start from $84PP in the off-season and $119PP double/quad occupancy in peak season. All rates do not include, taxes, gratuity and incidentals such as bar, tents, etc. Those seeking a day event only can do so during non-peak periods.
- Wedding Ceremoney & Reception
- One Venue
- Guests Make Own Lodging Reservations
- No Minimums
- Streamlined Menu
- Buffet-style within Lodge Culinary Philosophy
- Craft Beer & Wine Bar
- Wedding Only
- Other activities such as bar, informal rehearsal pub menu, breakfast, and lodgings are paid by guests
Tier 2: Classic Wedding Package
Minimum number of guests required. Wedding party investments are approximately $130 - $165 per guest. Group lodging rates that require minimum participation are available.
- Held in 2 facilities
- Immediately following the ceremony, a reception is held with served h'ordeuvres and a craft beer and wine bar
- Dinner follows in the Lake View Retreat Center or the Fireside Rathskeller
- The buffet menu is more expansive with a blend of 100 Mile focused foods. Dinner fare includes a seasonal salad and choice of Adirondack "100 Mile" foods focused with an Old World essence. Delectable desserts are also included
- Wedding Day experiences including ceremony, venues, reception with a limited time craft beer and wine bar and our Great Camp dinner
- Informal welcome/rehearsal pub dinner, farewell breakfast/brunch for immediate wedding family (minimum of 12)
- Other Activities such as general beer and wine bar, informal rehearsal dinner with a pub menu, breakfast and lodgings are paid by wedding guests
- To be eligible for the group lodging rate, all of our lodgings must be taken with a minimum occupancy of 40 guests with a minimum 2 night stay
Tier 3: Great Camp Destination Wedding Package
Best price. Minimum number of guests required. In this inclusive experience investments include food, lodging, facilities, special activities and can range from approximately $349 - $429 per guest.
- The Lodge is your exclusive weekend wedding Adirondack Great Lodge
- Up to 3 venues available
- Informal welcome/rehearsal dinner for immediate family (minimum of 50 guests)
- Wedding day at multiple venues
- Beer & Wine for Wedding
- Farewell Breakfast
- Take-in a savory taste of the history of Adirondack cuisine. Throughout the weekend, sample foods from Adirondack Native Americans, the Old World pioneers, the Cure Cottage days and the Grand Hotel era which are the roots of our unique History of Adirondack Food Tasting experience
- Taste these diverse eras in different spaces from our pristine beach lunches to Fireside Speakeasy appetizers and Lakeview Retreat Center dinners. We partner with you to personalize this experience
- All wedding activities including welcome/informal rehearsal dinner, wedding day experiences and farewell breakfast, beer and wine and all incidentals
- To be eligible for the group lodging rate, all of our lodgings must be taken with a minimum occupancy of 40 guests for 2 nights. To gain the special Friends & Family rate, the lodging payment must be paid by a single party