Winter Stay, Speakeasy, & Sleigh Ride
You’ll need a password to get in, and we may be raided by a Prohibition Copper! Lantern-lit sleigh rides, crackling fires in family-built lodgings, and soul-warming foods await.
Shh...You'll Need a Password to Get In
Family owned since 1886, we operated during the era of the Roaring 20s with an original Great Lodge, livery, eatery, and Speakeasy–err–library! This was the heyday of Adirondack Great Camps and Grand Hotels and the pinnacle of the Cure Cottage days. From family recipes and horse-drawn sleighs right down to finding the hidden recipe for our honey bourbon, an authentic experience awaits you with original Speakeasy menus, cozy family-built Adirondack lodgings, lantern-lit sleigh rides, and a host of additional interactive experiences.
Your stay during the winter includes...
- 25-acres of onsite Great Camp amenities, including a 1920s Speakeasy, 1886 Stagecoach Dining Room, nature trails, snowshoes, and cross-country skis.
- Our famous Lantern-lit Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Dinner Experience one evening of your stay.
- A fully winterized artisan lodging, built by three-generations of family, where you can choose from a cozy private chalet with wood-burning fireplace to a romantic lake view suite with bubbling Jacuzzi.
- Close access to a diverse region of winter trails and nature areas, winter Olympic sites, a historic downtown, downhill ski areas, and so much more.
- The option to enhance your winter getaway with our exclusive Adirondack Winter Discovery Packages, curated by our family for you to uncover the essence of the Adirondacks.
Winter Property Amenities & Activities
Ski, snowshoe, and hike in New York State's only Wilderness Region. Explore 25-acres of onsite amenities from complimentary cross-country skis and snowshoes to endless miles of nature trails.
Password to the 1920s Speakeasy
Check out the 1920s Speakeasy with Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar, but be careful: we may be raided by that 1920s Copper!
Cross Country Skis
Glide through our nature trails or the new Adirondack Rail Trail.
Direct Adirondack Rail Trail Access
A brand-new trail connecting to Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake for snowmobiling (known as Corridor 7), cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing.
Hideaway Cabin Takeout
Hiding from those 1920s Coppers?! Order a takeout dinner from our Adirondack Alps Restaurant's à la carte menu.
Interpretive Nature Trails
Nature trails with interpretive signs nestled throughout. Journey them on our Lantern-lit Sleigh Ride, cross-country skis, or snowshoes.
Grab a pair of snowshoes and head out on our nature trails or down to the shores of our pristine beach on Lake Clear.
- Provided by and supports a local farm.
- Percheron draft horses with jingling bells.
- Ride through our nature trails and to the shores of Lake Clear.
- Shared group sleigh ride with other guests; private upgrade available.
- Password to enter the 1920s Speakeasy.
- A potential chance to participate in a "surprise raid" by a 1920's Copper. Make sure you know where the hidden tables are in case we're raided!
- A three-course dinner with entree choices inspired by our original 1920s menu.
Cozy Up to a Crackling Fireplace In Your Artisan Lodging
Experience our enchanting Winter Adirondack Cabins & Suites, meticulously handcrafted by three generations of our family. Our accommodations blend rustic elegance with a cozy charm that sets them apart. From pet-friendly Two Bedroom Chalets with kitchenettes and fireplaces for family retreats to intimate Specialty Cabins boasting lake views, fireplaces, and luxurious amenities like steam showers and jetted tubs, there's an option for every traveler. Enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Clear from our Lake View Suites, featuring amenities like kitchenettes, fireplaces, and soothing jetted tubs. Embrace the Adirondack spirit and create unforgettable memories in our truly unique lodgings.
- Sleeps Two
- Wood-burning Fireplaces
- 580 – 750 ft2
- Sleeps Four - Six
- 980 – 1100 ft2
Lake View Suites
- Sleeps Two - Six
- One or Two Bedrooms
- 500 – 1200 ft2
Explore The Region
We are the gateway to a host of outdoor experiences, from back-country cross-country skiing to a wealth of groomed trails for snowshoeing and snowmobiling. At the end of the day, you can also explore the historic downtowns of Tupper and Saranac Lake, and the Olympic region of Lake Placid. Unique amenities range from the Wild Center to Olympic history, all within a 15-30 minute drive.
Cross-Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
Welcome to New York State’s only wilderness canoe region, 18,000 acres of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing from trails on our 25 acres to back-woods excursions.
Fishing in the Adirondacks
Lake Clear has always been known as a fishing lake for all seasons, so much so that a lure is named after it: the Lake Clear Wobbler.
Hiking in the Adirondacks
We are in the midst of New York State's only Wilderness Canoe Region. From lakes, waters, and streams to berms and mountain ranges.
The new Adirondack Rail Trail, which can be joined directly from our property, connects us to the St. Regis Wilderness Area, Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake, and Lake Placid.
A unique Adirondack attraction celebrating old fashioned fun for all ages through entertainment, art, and education.
Historic Saranac Lake
Built in 1894, The Saranac Laboratory was the first lab built in the U.S. for the research of tuberculosis. HSL painstakingly restored the building and opened it as a museum.
Lake Placid Olympic Legacy Sites
The Lake Clear Lodge is 25 minutes away from the Olympic village of Lake Placid, host to the 1932 and 1980 Winter Games and ongoing winter and summer sporting events.
Adirondack Scenic Flights
You’ve never experienced the Adirondacks like this. Each 20-minute flight offers a unique perspective of this amazing park.
The Wild Center
Ignite an enduring passion for the Adirondacks where people and nature can thrive together and set an example for the world.
Adirondack Sky Center & Observatory
Dark skies, high elevation and a group of motivated amateur astronomers comprise the perfect formula for enhancing one of the Adirondack’s top attractions: The stars.
Winter Romance Package
Cozy up together with a crackling fire, a split of champagne, robes, and unique Adirondack romance additions.
- Split of Champagne
- Robes for Your Use
- Romance Welcome Basket
The Bootlegger's Package
Stay hidden in the Adirondack woods for a bootleggers experience. Enjoy Prohibition history, cooking demos, and trivia.
- Bootlegger's Hideaway Pub Takeout
- History & Tasting of Bootlegged Spirits
- History & Tasting of Prohibition Beer
- Roll-in-the-Dough Cooking Demonstration
Book Your Winter Stay, Sleigh, & Speakeasy Experience
What's included with your stay
- 1920s Speakeasy Dinner Experience
- Group Lantern-lit Sleigh Ride Ticket
- Your choice of hand-crafted Artisan Lodging
- Password to the 1920s Speakeasy
- Cross-country Skis
- Direct Adirondack Rail Trail Access
- Interpretive Nature Trails