Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to cancel or modify any reservation, including those where the rate or details appear to contain or resulted from an error or mistake or where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity. We hold the right to make substitutions to details of all bookings based on availability.
You authorize the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat to send text messages and emails with details regarding your reservation information and other offers. Message/data rates may apply. Consent is not a condition of purchase.
Prices, details, schedules, and dates are subject to change without notice.
You are responsible for ensuring the correct date(s) were booked; refunds will not be provided for incorrect dates booked in error.
"Convenience" or "booking" fees are paid to a third-party reservation system, not the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat.
We are not responsible for any costs, damages, losses, or other unfavorable circumstances set upon you resulting directly or indirectly from acts of government, terrorism, pandemic, revolution, rioting, war, weather and acts of nature, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat or its partners.
All photographic images of our activities, experiences, rooms, chalets, suites, and property represent the general layout, theme, design, and/or decor. Details may vary.
Our property is cigarette (electronic or otherwise) and smoke-free. Our lodgings, the 1886 Main Lodge, and 25 acres are non-smoking/vaping facilities. If you smoke on our property, there is a $200 fee for smoking that will be added to your reservation.
By visiting our property, you and your party agree to have photos, videos, audio, or other digital media taken and shared for marketing purposes. You also agree to our usage of any testimonials (digital, written, etc.) on our website and other materials for marketing purposes.
We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance. We are an Allianz Travel partner, but many other providers are available. We may earn a small commission if you purchase using the link above.
2. Lodging Reservations
2.1 Deposit Policy
- 2.1.1 A valid credit card is required to confirm your reservation.
- 2.1.2 If your credit card is invalid, your reservation will be canceled.
- 2.1.3 A non-refundable deposit will be charged upon booking.
- 2.1.4 The balance due on your reservation shall be charged twenty-one (21) days prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- 2.1.5 If your reservation is made within twenty-one (21) days of your scheduled arrival date or is a one (1) night stay, full payment is required and is non-refundable.
2.2 Cancellation Policy
- 2.2.1 All reservations are subject to a $50 per night cancellation fee.
- 2.2.2 All deposits are non-refundable. Deposits are transferable (one-time only) to a future reservation within one year of your arrival date if your cancellation request is received at least twenty-one (21) days before your scheduled arrival date.
- 2.2.3 Cancellation within 21 days of your arrival date or failure to check in on your arrival date will result in 100% of charges for your reservation and the forfeiture of any deposits.
- 2.2.4 Reservations are non-changeable but are transferable to another guest.
- 2.2.5 You are responsible for all reservation charges if you arrive late or depart early.
- 2.2.6 All cancellation requests must be made in writing.
2.3 Travel & Vacation Insurance
Travel or vacation insurance is strongly recommended. We are an Allianz Travel Partner, but many other providers are available. We may earn a small commission if you use our link and do not reside in New York.
2.4 Late Checkout
In the event that you do not check out by 11:00 AM, a $50 fee will be applied to your reservation.
2.5 Rate Inclusions
- 2.5.1 Activity, immersion, lodging, and experience availability may vary. We reserve the right to make substitutions to your experience, activity, and/or package.
- 2.5.2 If a specific item is unavailable, Great Camp Credit can be used for other Lodge-provided activities.
- 2.5.3 Any package/experience credit and/or payment with experience credit is non-refundable.
- 2.5.4 If there is a remaining credit at the end of your stay, it will be forfeited.
- 2.5.5 Lodging details and amenities are subject to availability and may vary without notice.
- 2.5.6 No refunds or compensation will be provided in the event that an amenity is non-functional or in need of repair. We will make a reasonable effort to fix such an item in a timely manner.
- 2.5.7 Any activities not provided directly by the Lake Clear Lodge (sleigh rides, stagecoach rides, attraction tickets, etc.) are subject to change or cancellation as they are beyond our control and will be confirmed upon arrival.
- 2.5.8 In lieu of individual restaurant tipping, we add a 20% gratuity to all dining services.
2.6 Dog Policy
- 2.6.1 We have several pet-friendly cabins, including Sundown, April Melody, and November Moon. All other lodgings do not allow pets.
- 2.6.2 Dogs must always be on a leash when outside your cabin. Please be mindful of other guests and clean up after your dog.
- 2.6.3 Guests will be responsible for any inadvertent damages caused by their dog(s).
- 2.6.4 Dogs are not allowed in the Main Lodge/Restaurant.
- 2.6.5 There is a non-refundable charge of $20 per night per dog.
- 2.6.6 Housekeeping will not be provided if you have a dog with you. We are happy to bring you needed items or provide housekeeping (if your dog is not in the building) upon request.
2.7 Quiet Hours
Property quiet hours are between 10:00 PM and 10:00 AM. Please be courteous to fellow guests and our family.
2.8 Wireless Internet and Electronics
- 2.8.1 Wireless internet access is included for our lodging guests in the Main Lodge lobby with your device.
- 2.8.2 Phones and TVs are not provided in any of our lodgings. This is an excellent opportunity to disconnect and reconnect.
- 2.8.3 Cell phone service varies due to the mountains and valleys.
3. Experience, Event, and Activity Reservations
Experiences and activities happen in rain, snow, or shine. You will be notified if we or any of our partners need to cancel for any reason. For combination experiences, your entire experience may not be canceled. If part of your experience is canceled, we will expect you for the other activities you may have booked.
3.1 Deposit Policy
- 3.1.1 A credit card is required to confirm your reservation.
- 3.1.2 The total amount of your reservation will be charged to your credit card at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
3.2 Cancellation Policy
- 3.2.1 Reservations are non-refundable and non-changeable.
- 3.2.2 Should you cancel your reservation or in the event that you do not arrive at your scheduled day and time, the full amount of your reservation shall be forfeited.
- 3.2.3 Times are reserved per experience; partial cancellations for package experiences may require time changes and are at our discretion.
3.3 Dinner Experiences & Events
- 3.3.1 Incidentals and extras such as, but not limited to, drinks, appetizers, desserts, and workshops are not included unless otherwise stated.
- 3.3.2 Any provided menus or pre-ordering options are subject to change without notice and are for sample purposes only to help us prepare your experience.
- 3.3.3 Substitutions may apply based on fresh deliveries and local ingredients available.
- 3.3.4 When available, special requests, substitutions, and meal changes are subject to a minimum surcharge of $10 per request or change.
- 3.3.5 A 20% gratuity will be added to split checks and parties of 6 or more.
3.4 Sleigh Rides
- 3.4.1 A local farm provides sleigh rides, and we do not control the schedule, government regulations, or the weather.
- 3.4.2 The farm has a wagon/wheel kit in the event of suboptimal weather, and refunds will not be provided if the farm has traveled to our property and is offering rides.
- 3.4.3 If the farm needs to cancel for any reason, you will receive a refund on the sleigh ride, but the Speakeasy Event will still take place, and we expect you there (if you booked it).
- 3.4.4 Depending on how the sleigh fills up at your particular time, you may need to get a bit cozy, and some children or infants may be required to sit on an adult's lap. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in making the experience enjoyable for everyone.
4. Credit and Debit Card Policy
- 4.1 You are accountable for knowing how your bank, credit card company, or institution manages all your transactions, including pre-authorizations and refunds.
- 4.2 We are not responsible for any delays in releasing funds, restoring availability, or any fees or charges imposed by your bank, credit card company, or institution due to your credit or debit card usage.
5. Gift Certificates
- 5.1 Certificates can be redeemed by prior reservation only.
- 5.2 Gift certificates are not applicable for stays and experiences during Holiday and Peak Periods and are subject to the discretion of the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat. We reserve the right to deny the use of a gift certificate during specific time periods.
- 5.3 Gift certificates are only valid for services provided directly by the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat and cannot be used towards services provided by a third-party vendor. E.g., gift certificates are not applicable to a Sleigh Ride only.
- 5.4 Gift certificates are applicable towards the full amount of a package offered jointly by the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat and a third-party vendor. E.g., you may apply a gift certificate toward a Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Dinner Experience.
- 5.6 If a gift certificate is used toward a food experience, gratuity will be added to the amount prior to applying the gift certificate.
- 5.7 If your certificate is lost or stolen, your gift certificate will be forfeited.
6. Alcoholic Beverages
- 6.1 No alcohol or drinks are permitted in any horse-drawn vehicle.
- 6.2 The Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat, per New York State law, must provide all food and beverage on our property. We will confiscate beverages that we have not sold.
All terms, conditions, and policies are subject to change without notice. By making a reservation or making a purchase, you and your party agree to all terms laid out above and any terms and conditions designated in the service used to book a reservation at the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat.