1920s Speakeasy Dinner Experience
Shh...You'll need a password to get in!
Create Your Own Experience
In a disappearing Adirondack icon: an original Adirondack lodge whose nearly 140 year history includes a stage coach inn, a post office and trading post. It served as a cure cottage, was an illustrious speakeasy and grand hotel. Today, you can begin by visiting the 1920s Speakeasy with a Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar and the Adirondacks largest selection of craft import beers and sustainable wines.
Reserve & Receive
- The password to access the 1920s Speakeasy Rathskeller through the hidden door.
- Ability to browse our Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar; the Adirondack's largest selection of craft-import beers.
- A potential chance to participate in a "surprise raid" by a 1920's Copper. Make sure you know where the hidden tables are in case we're raided!
- A three-course dinner with entree choices from our original 1920's menu!
- Have fun with Trivia and Fun Facts.
Add to the Fun!
Looking to add to your experience? Check out our nightly activities below!
Old World Dessert Cooking Demo
A family-fun 30-minute cooking demo, where everyone rolls in the dough to make their own strudel! Then you can have your dough and eat it too – as your own creation for dessert!
History of Beer Workshop & Tasting
Join Ernest Hohmeyer for a 30-minute experience about the history of beer, replete with a tasting of 6 beers from around the world! The topic changes monthly, corresponding with seasonal beers and trends, but you can always count on interesting conversation and tasty beverages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, on a limited basis and everyone must purchase a ticket. Due to high demand, the Speakeasy Dinner is only available with a Lantern-lit Sleigh Ride.
Yes, we are a three-generation operated family business. However, we do not recommend it for infants or young children (especially if you choose to add a sleigh ride). Some suggestions to make it fun include:
- Give your children the password and have them knock on the hidden door!
- Have them help you with the hidden tables should we be raided
- We have 1920's non-alcoholic drinks like Shirley Temples
- We request that your children remain seated with you at all times. No electronic devices are allowed.
The Speakeasy even with possible raid, hanging out in an authentic Speakeasy and then upstairs to the 1886 stagecoach dining room for dinner is typically about 1.5 hours - but is is really up to you. If you add on a sleigh ride, they are generally 30 minutes, but give yourself more time for pictures and saying hello to the horses.
Price for the Speakeasy event is pre-fixed. Pricing includes Speakeasy activities and dinner and does NOT include alcohol/drinks/extras or the sleigh ride (when available). Please bring ID.
Groups to us mean 15 people or more including children. We would be happy to work with you for special timing or meals. Contact us directly.
For special occasions and a minimum number of participants it may be possible, please contact us directly.
For more answers to frequently asked questions, click the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner!
Reserve Your Experience
To reserve our popular Lantern-lit Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Dinner, please click here.