Winter 2021: Updates & Frequently Asked Questions
March 2021 Update
- By popular demand we extended the season one weekend until March 12th and 13th! Book online using the links below.
January 2021 Update
- The Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat is currently operating on a weekend-only basis. Any lodging stay must span a Friday or Saturday with a two-night minimum. Lucky Clover Sleigh Rides will be here every Friday and Saturday offering rides by reservation only. Experiences are also available on some holiday Sundays.
- To book a Lantern-lit Sleigh Ride from Lucky Clover Farm with (or without) our Speakeasy Dinner Experience, click the highlighted text. Each party has their own row on the sleigh. You can view more frequently asked questions below.
- Our lodgings are nearly booked out for the winter season; if you're interested, you can learn more and book our Winter Stay, Speakeasy, and Sleigh Ride experience here. Nothing available for your dates? Contact us to join the waitlist.
- The Adirondack Alps Restaurant is providing our Speakeasy Dinner Experience at limited occupancy following regulations from the Governor of New York State. For menu and details, click here.
December 2020 Update
- The Hohmeyer Family is finalizing getting the Lodge ready for the winter season, and we will be reopening the weekend of December 19th.
- We're preceding as planned to continue our yearly offering of Lantern-lit Sleigh Rides from Lucky Clover Farm with our Speakeasy Dinner Experience! Each party will have a row of the sleigh to themselves. You can view more frequently asked questions about that on our sleigh ride page.
- Our lodgings are available to reserve as always, and we're booking up for this winter! If you're interested, you can learn more and book our Winter Stay, Speakeasy, and Sleigh Ride experience here.
- The Adirondack Alps Restaurant will be open with some modifications based on regulations from the Governor of New York State. The Speakeasy Dinner Experience will remain much of the same with modifications as necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you operating this winter?
Absolutely! As we mention below, Lodging is an essential business. There are changes to some experiences including occupancy limitations.
Are you offering sleigh rides?
Yes. Lucky Clover Sleigh Rides will be here every weekend through the beginning of March (with additional dates during the Holiday season) offering sleigh rides, as regulations permit! Each party on the sleigh has its own seating row (larger parties will have multiple rows). You can learn more and book here.
How can I make a reservation? Do I have to stay with you to do the Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Experience?
You can book lodging with the Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Experience online here. You do not have to be staying with us to take part in our Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Dinner Experience! However, lodging guests are given priority for sleigh ride booking. You can book the Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Dinner Experience without lodging here. The time you reserve online is when the sleigh ride departs; your Speakeasy Dinner will follow when you return from your ride.
What is your cancellation policy for the Sleigh Ride & Speakeasy Experience?
Experiences at the Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat have always been limited availability. However, due to regulations from New York State, our occupancy has been cut even further. Therefore, all experiences are non-refundable. Refunds will only be provided in the event that the local farm or Lake Clear Lodge are required to cancel. If the event of little snow, Lucky Clover Sleigh Rides has a holiday wagon to continue offering rides. Please consider travel insurance if you are concerned about cancellation. By providing a non-refundable deposit policy, you could get your entire trip cost (including other expenses you might have incurred) covered by a travel insurance provider. If our deposit policy was partially refundable, you would receive no benefit from any travel insurance providers we discovered. Depending on the company, a quick search provided plans starting around $40 depending on the total trip cost, which can help provide peace of mind. We are not affiliated with any company; please be sure to research what company will be best for you. Not all companies provide full coverage. We are not responsible for any partial coverage of a provider.
What is your cancellation policy for lodging?
We are a small family-run property that is saving and preparing our limited, unique specialty lodging for you.
If you are concerned about regulations in your area or your dates changing, we recommend purchasing travel insurance. By providing a non-refundable deposit policy, you could get your entire trip cost (including other expenses you might have incurred) covered by a travel insurance provider. Depending on the company, a quick search provided plans starting around $40 depending on the total trip cost, which can help provide peace of mind. If our deposit policy was partially refundable, you would receive no benefit from any travel insurance providers we discovered. We are not affiliated with any company; please be sure to research what company will be best for you. Not all companies provide full coverage. We are not responsible for any partial coverage of a provider. Lodgings have been an essential business thus far and have not been mandated to close. Our cancellation policy (below) applies to all reservations and circumstances.
Your 50% deposit to hold your lodging is refundable minus a 10% booking fee + tax* if cancellation is received in writing 30 days before your arrival date. If cancellation is within 29 days of your arrival, the 50% holding deposit that is paid upon booking is non-refundable. Full payment for your reservation is taken 7 days prior to arrival and is non-refundable at that time. Prices, restaurant offerings, and other information subject to change. One night stays, when available, require a 100% deposit and are non-refundable.
Dinner Packages do not include any beverages in the restaurant/bar, store, or beer/wine cellar. Package/meal items are non-refundable. All classes, meals, and activities are non-refundable 7 days prior to arrival as we are planning for and holding your limited class/meal/activity space.
*10% of the reservation total.
How should we dress for the sleigh ride?
For the sleigh ride: dress warmly in outdoor winter gear for the weather. Hat, gloves, ski pants, etc. We recommend you check the temperature before your ride and dress appropriately. The ride is approximately 30 minutes. The farm does provide a limited number of blankets, but they recommend bringing your own if you wish!
For general frequently asked questions about the Lodge, please visit our contact page.
New York State Regulations & Guest Responsibilities
We live in a fluid wellness environment. For the latest New York State travel restrictions, regulations, and visitor guidelines, please see the New York State Health Department website: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home. We are in the North Country region of NYS.
- Lodgings have been deemed an “essential business,” and to date have remained open.
- Food and beverages will be available. The typical experience includes a Speakeasy Dinner one evening. If you desire, you can add another dinner and there will be opportunities for limited breakfast and lunch items. Chef Cathy is always conjuring up something fresh and delicious!
- Should the lantern-lit sleigh rides be cancelled by Lucky Clover Sleigh Rides due to weather or wellness changes, these will be refunded minus a handling fee. Or, you can use it for another Lodge experience: from History of Beer Tastings to Cooking Demos or special programs we may be offering.
- Your lodging is our 25 acres with complimentary cross-country skis and snowshoes you can use on our nature trails. Our location in the window of NYS only wilderness canoe region and access to other Adirondack winter venues offers a diverse range of experiences. Of course, there is also your own Adirondack Great Camp lodging!
- Our Winter Stay, Speakeasy & Sleigh Experience are very popular. Coupled with limited availability and the fluid environment on restrictions, we urge you to consider Traveler’s Insurance. Please understand, that while there may be cancellations on some of the experiences, your lodging and Speakeasy dinner is non-refundable as per our cancellation policy.
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you in our “Healing Woods.”
- The Hohmeyer Family