Winter: Great Camp Speakeasy Dinner Experience
Shhh...you will need a password to get in!
Create Your Own Experience
- Begin your journey in one of the last of its kind: an original Adirondack lodge.
- A special password to get in through the hidden door.
- Explore our USA TODAY featured beer cellar, the largest selection of import craft beers in the Adirondack Park.
- A chance to participate in a potential "surprise raid" by a 1920's Copper. Make sure you know where the hidden tables are.
- Savor some of the dishes from our 1920's menu! A 3 course dinner awaits.
- Have fun with Trivia and Fun Facts.
Three Generations of the Hohmeyer Family Invite You
Step back in time to an 100-mile product philosophy based on Chef Cathy's family who built originally built the Lodge in 1886. We fuse this with the Old World traditions of Ernest's European family who bought the Lodge over 50 years ago. Together, the Lodge is the oldest continuing operating lodge in the Adirondack Park. We honor traditional and real foods wellness cooking including:
- Fresh vegetable stocks
- Slow roasts
- Hand-cut meats
- Bone broths
- Natural herbs and spices
All prepared in a unique "culinary naturopathy" cuisine as one of only seven Audubon International Platinum Green Hotels.
Dinners include vegetable stock & bone broth soups, Chef Accompaniments (choices vary each evening) such as fresh Lodge garden and farm vegetables, red cabbage, ancient grains such as quinoa, spaetzle or hand-grated potato pancakes.
Add to the Fun!
Looking to add to your experience? Add one of the below activities when reserving your experience!
History of Prohibition Spirits Workshop & Tasting
Our area was a hotbed of activity during the prohibition. Lake Clear was a water and land taxi route between two famous hotels, and the train station at Lake Clear was where the main line from New York City split.
Roll In The Dough Cooking Demonstration
A family-fun 30-minute cooking demo, where everyone rolls-in-the-dough like ‘dem gangsters! Then you can have your dough and eat it too – as your own hidden creation for dessert!
- Speakeasy Mixology: Learn Speakeasy Drinks That You Can Do At Home
- Soups, Stews and Stocks: Start the New Year with 10 Simple Wellness Cooking Tips
- Campfire Chats: Stories, Trivia and Adirondack Prohibition. The Lake Clear Lodge and our Family was right in the cross-hairs!
NOTE: SPEAKEASY EVENT & LANTERN-LIT SLEIGH RIDES
Sleigh rides are provided by an outside vendor and we are proud to continue the long standing tradition of working with local farms. As such, sleigh ride availability is determined by them. They use our beautiful woods that stretch to the shore of beautiful Lake Clear, on lantern-lit trails. Thus, purchase of sleigh ride tickets are SEPARATE as we cannot control availability, and of course the weather.
As for the nights when the Speakeasy is open and no sleigh rides are offered, your Speakeasy ticket applies and no refund or rescheduling can be permitted due to limited seating. Cancellation of the sleigh rides by a non-affiliated, outside vendor, does NOT cancel your Lodge Speakeasy ticket.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Speakeasy Event open to the public?
Yes, on a limited basis and everyone must purchase a ticket (with password).
Is the Speakeasy Fun for Families?
We are a 3 generation operated family business - we would hope so - suggestions to make it fun include:
- Give your children the password and have them knock on the hidden door!
- Have them help you with the hidden tables should we be raided
- We have 1920's non-alcoholic drinks like Shirley Temples
- Available are children's menu selections or ala-carte off the menu for 10 and under, $10 minimum.
- We do request that your children remain seated with you. No electronic devices are allowed.
How Long is the Event?
The Speakeasy even with possible raid, hanging out in an authentic Speakeasy and then upstairs to the 1886 stagecoach dining room for dinner is typically 90 minutes - but is is really up to you. Sleigh rides are generally 30 minutes but give yourself more time for pictures and saying hello to the horses.
Is It One Price?
Price for the Speakeasy event is pre-fixed with special prices for children under 10. Pricing includes Speakeasy activities and dinner and does NOT include alcohol or the sleigh ride (when available). Please bring ID.
What Are the Hours?
They vary depending on Holidays and special events, but typically are between 5:00 - 8:00 PM. If sleigh rides are available, your ride will be prior to dinner.
Are Groups Welcome?
Groups to us mean 15 people or more including children. We would be happy to work with you for special timing or meals. Contact us directly.
Are You Open Other Nights?
For special occasions and a minimum number of participants it may be possible, please contact us directly.