Draft Horse Wagon Ride & Pioneer Dinner Experience
Details subject to change per NYS guidelines and regulations.
The era of the Adirondack Pioneer Days has returned – and you can experience it. The Lodge began in the 1800s as a Stagecoach Inn & Post Office: Relive the Experience! But hang on to your mail ticket, if you lose it you may be stranded with Adirondack bandits!
You can tell we’re having fun with this one – and you can too! After all, anything to keep the iconic Great Camp Experiential tradition alive.
But Beware! The horse-drawn wagon is carrying important mail, including yours! What happens if there is a “mail raid”? If you lose your ticket you may be stranded with Adirondack bandits!
And it has real roots here.
Not only are we now the oldest continuing operating Great Camp in the 6 million-acre Adirondack Park, 4 generations strong, but the Lodge began as an 1800s Stagecoach Inn & Post Office. Relive those days right down to your very own certified (e)mail that reserves your experience!
RESERVE & RECEIVE
- A “certified (e)mail with your own ticket.
- Entrance to the 1886 Post Office Lobby where we “stamp” your ticket.
- A 30 minute draft horse wagon ride that takes you through wooded trails to the lake and one of the most picturesque beaches in the Adirondacks with an imagination stirring mountain-lake sunset.
- Beware! There may be a “mail raid” by Adirondack bandits and if your lose your ticket you may be stranded.
- You will be dropped off by the hidden door to an authentic 1920’s Speakeasy. Explore the Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar with the Adirondack's largest selection of Craft Import Beers and sustainable wines.
- With a glass in hand meander to the Lakeview Great Camp Center for a picturesque view with your authentic pioneering dinner basket inspired by the original 1800’s Lodge menu from Chef Cathy (Fisher-Otis) Hohmeyer’s family who originally built it.
30 Minute History of Beer Workshop & Tasting
Before the world of lagers, explore and taste the “pioneering” brews from ancient times to the “Wild West Yeasts” before the Industrial Revolution “robbed” the world of beer. Taste & explore 6 ancient beers from ‘round-the-world.
Pioneer Cooking Demo
A fun family 30-minute cooking demo where you get involved! Roll-in-the-dough to make a Pioneer Dessert. Chef Cathy Hohmeyer, whose family was on the Mayflower, will then prepare it for your pioneer dinner dessert!
Seeking a Special Private Ride?
Rent the entire wagon for a special occasion for 2 or a group. To do so contact us directly.
Statement Regarding COVID-19, Restrictions, & Guidelines
We want to make this fun and safe for everyone, and to do that we need you to be our Adirondack pioneering farmhands.
State of New York Regulations due to Covid-19
Due to the Covid-19, the State of New York has placed a series of restrictions on how businesses operate and responsibilities of guests.
FAILURE TO COMPLY CAN RESULT IN CIVIL PENALTIES, AND FINES UP TO $10,000.00. THE REMOVAL OF ANY GUESTS, LOSS OF SERVICES, DEPOSITS, AND FEES PAID BY GUESTS AND ANY ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION ARE BASED ON THE NATURE OF THE VIOLATION INCLUDING ALL ASSOCIATED FEES, LOSS OF BUSINESS DAMAGES, PROFESSIONAL FEES, ETC.
We Need to Work Together to Ensure the Following
GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- Wear a suitable face mask upon entering and exiting any building as well as walking/when not seated.
- Maintain social distancing at all times, where possible.
- On those occasions that social distancing cannot be maintained, masks are required.
- Not enter or reserve if you are sick, or have been within the last 14 days.
If you have any questions, please contact any of our family or staff.
How to Reserve
Please note that to participate in this special experience, advanced reservations are required as space is limited due to restrictions. During these wellness times, we have to be strict about this as the farm that provides the rides, as well as the Lodge, will need to ensure proper spacing and seating thresholds as well as time to sanitize, etc. As such, there will be no tickets available at the door. Remember, they need to be “mailed” to you! It makes for an intimate and personalized experience.
To ensure a quality and safe experience, your ticket time is vitally important. Failure to be at the “Stagecoach” lobby at least 10 minutes prior to sign-in and confirm your “Mail” may forfeit your reservation and there will be no refunds.
Please respect social distancing and wear a mask at all appropriate times; our business and the guest face serious penalties if any guidelines are violated.
Statement Regarding COVID-19
This is a public activity, and exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk; we *cannot* guarantee you will not be exposed during your experience or time on our property. We ask that you and your party please evaluate your own risk in determining whether to reserve and attend this experience. By booking this experience and coming to our property, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance. You also agree that your party will comply with all regulations and guidelines.
Current Rules & Regulations in New York State
Effective June 15th, 2021, New York State has lifted all COVID-19 related mandates in food establishments. Please consult the appropriate agencies for further guidance.