Adirondack Alps Experience Dinners
A Great Camp Tradition
- For nearly 140 years and 4 generations, our Great Camp experiences have been so much more than just food. They are part of an experiential destination tucked away in the Healing Woods and on the water.
- In this spirit, our experiences are intimately interactive ranging from Great Camp Dinners to our fun and savory Tasting Dinners.
- Your table is our 25-acres. Enjoy our 1886 Stagecoach Dining Room or Lake View Great Camp with outdoor patio.
- Add to the fun by exploring our 1920s Speakeasy with hidden Beer & Wine Cellar or immersing yourself in a History of Beer Tasting.
We focus on a 100-mile product philosophy based on Chef Cathy's pioneer family who originally built the lodge in 1886. We fuse this with the Old World traditions of Ernest's European family, who bought the Lodge almost 60 years ago.
What Is A Typical Experience?
It's up to you - each night we're open there's a different theme! Experiences can include...
- A password to get into the Speakeasy. Depending on the evening, dinner is in the 1886 Stagecoach Dining Room or our Lake View Great Camp. If you would like, meander to the beach, with glass in hand, where you can soak in one of the world's most picturesque mountain-lake sunsets.
- A Sunset Stagecoach Ride to a Lake View Old World Dinner.
- Your table is our 25-acres. As our food is individually prepared, large volume with table turnovers is not our forte, so you can stay as long or as short as you like.
- Reservations, which can sometimes be made on the same day, are necessary. You also have the opportunity to pre-order to streamline your experience.
- You can also order takeout online here.
Taste of Germany Dining Experience
This is a special year for 3 generations of Hohmeyer family as we celebrate 56 years in operating the Lodge. We’ve brought back some of Omi’s & Opa’s favorite dishes. Depending on availability, there may be Old World Sauerbraten, Ernst’s Roast Duckling, famous Lodge Schnitzels, potato pancakes or spaetzle.
Pioneer Wagon Ride & Old World Pub Dinner
Ride an Adirondack farm wagon with Lucky Clover Farm and their authentic draft horses, Jasper and Fly, as you meander through the woods to the shores of picturesque and serene Lake Clear. Savor an authentic Old World Pub in our Lake View Great Camp.
Stagecoach Ride & Old World Dinner Experience
Relive the Lodge's beginning as a Stagecoach inn by riding an authentic 1800’s Stagecoach to the beach at sunset. But beware, you may be robbed! Begin your journey in the 1920’s Speakeasy; be sure you know the password! Following your ride, if you are not robbed by an Adirondack bandit, savor an Old World Dinner Experience at our Lake View Great Camp.
History of Adirondack Food Tasting Experience
What a great way for friends or family to explore and taste your way through Adirondack history in one evening. Begin with the Native American period and the pioneers to the Cure Cottage Days and the Grand Hotel era. Cooking demos, fun trivia and stories about “what was it like,” “what do they use,” and “the common roots,” of how it all relates to today’s cooking.
Reservations & Schedule
Reservations or sign up required for all experiences; view our full schedule below.View Schedule