Adirondack Alps Food Experiences
A Great Camp Tradition
- For over 134 years and 4 generations, our Great Camp experiences have been so much more than just food. They are part of an experiential destination tucked away in the Healing Woods and on the water.
- In this spirit, our experiences are intimately interactive ranging from Great Camp Dinner Baskets to our fun and savory Tasting Dinners.
- Your table is our 25-acres. Enjoy our 1886 Stagecoach Dining Room or Lake View Great Camp with outdoor patio.
- Add to the fun by exploring our 1920s Speakeasy with hidden Beer & Wine Cellar or immersing yourself in a History of Beer Tasting.
We focus on a 100-mile product philosophy based on Chef Cathy's pioneer family who originally built the lodge in 1886. We fuse this with the Old World traditions of Ernest's European family, who bought the lodge 50 years ago.
What Is A Typical Experience?
It's up to you - each night we're open there's a different theme! Experiences can include...
- A password to get into the Speakeasy. Depending on the evening, dinner is in the 1886 Stagecoach Dining Room or our Lake View Great Camp. If you would like, meander to the beach, with glass in hand, where you can soak in one of the world's most picturesque mountain-lake sunsets.
- A sunset stagecoach ride to a lake view Pioneer dinner.
- Relaxing in the 1920s Speakeasy while Chef Cathy Hohmeyer "finishes it fresh" - bring your take-out home or take in one of our themed dinners where you can explore as much as you like.
- Your table is our 25-acres. As our food is individually prepared, large volume with table turnovers is not our forte, so you can stay as long or as short as you like.
- Reservations, which can sometimes be made on the same day, are necessary. You also have the opportunity to pre-order to streamline your experience.
Stagecoach Ride & Lake View Pioneer Dinner
Celebrate with us our 135 anniversary as we celebrate our roots as an 1886 Stagecoach Inn & Post Office with a stagecoach ride and pioneer dinner! Ride in an authentic 1800’s stagecoach with Lucky Clover Farms and their magnificent draft horses through our nature trails.
Taste of Germany Dinner
This is a special year for 3 generations of Hohmeyer family as we celebrate 55 years in operating the Lodge. We’ve brought back some of Omi’s & Opa’s favorite dishes. Depending on availability, there may be Old World Sauerbraten, Ernst’s Roast Duckling, the famous Lodge Schnitzels, potato pancakes or spaetzle.
History of Adirondack Food Tasting Dinner
Take in a tasting journey that begins with the Native American period and the pioneers to the Cure Cottage Days and the Grand Hotel era. Each evening, we focus on one of those time periods with cooking demos as we have fun with trivia and stories about “what was it like,” “what do they use,” and “the common roots,” as it relates to today’s cooking.
Great Camp Picnic Dinner
Relaxing Sundays in the summer in the Adirondacks! What can be better than an iconic Great Camp Dinner Basket you can take to the Lakeview Great Camp Center patio or down to our picturesque beach? Begin the experience by exploring our 1920s Speakeasy, while Chef Cathy & her team complete your order by “finishing it fresh.”
Add to the Fun!
Looking to add to your experience? Add one of the below activities when reserving your experience!
History of Beer Workshop & Tasting
Each month there is a different theme! These 30-minute workshops include sampling six (6) different beers from around the world. Try some obscure and exotic beers while you explore the roots of different beers with beer historian Ernest Hohmeyer!
“Cure Cottage'' Wellness Demo
Starting well over 100 years ago, people came to cure another respiratory disease and our area became known as the “Healing Woods.” Learn, taste, and intimately discuss these ancient methodologies with Nutritional Energetist Cathy Hohmeyer.
Reservations & Schedule
Reservations or sign up required for all experiences; please click "book now" on the experience and day you would like to reserve to get started. To view more details on a particular experience, please use the buttons above.
Frequently Asked Dining Questions
Q: Is the restaurant open to the public?
A: Yes! We kindly request reservations, but are open to guests that are not staying with us.
Q: Do you have a dress-code?
A: We generally say "resort casual," as if you were going to a friend's house for dinner. Please no cut-off or ripped jeans, t-shirts, etc.
Q: Are you family friendly?
A: Yes: we are a three-generation, family operated restaurant. In addition to our various nightly selections, we also offer children's portions and a la carté options. Plus, we always have great homemade desserts!
Statement Regarding COVID-19
This is a public activity, and exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk; we *cannot* guarantee you will not be exposed during your experience or time on our property. We ask that you and your party please evaluate your own risk in determining whether to reserve and attend this experience. By booking this experience and coming to our property, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance. You also agree that your party will comply with all regulations and guidelines.
Current Rules & Regulations in New York State
Effective June 15th, 2021, New York State has lifted all COVID-19 related mandates in food establishments. Please consult the appropriate agencies for further guidance.