Taste of Germany Experience Dinner
Start off in the 1920s Speakeasy Rathskeller, explore the hidden Beer & Wine Cellar with a large variety of Old World Wines and Beers from around the world. Savor authentic German dishes from Ernest’s side of the family from Heritage Chicken Schnitzel to Old World Roulade.
Experience the Great Camp Wonder
In a disappearing Adirondack icon: an original Adirondack lodge whose nearly 140 year history includes a stage coach inn, a post office and trading post. It served as a cure cottage, was an illustrious speakeasy and grand hotel. Today, you can begin by visiting the 1920s Speakeasy with a Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar and the Adirondacks largest selection of craft import beers and sustainable wines.
Reserve & Receive
- The password to access the 1920s Speakeasy Rathskeller.
- Ability to browse our Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar; the Adirondack's largest selection of craft-import beers.
- With glass in hand, meander to one of the world's most spectacular lake view sunsets.
- Have dinner in the 1886 Stagecoach Dining Room.
- Dinner includes farm-fresh salad or soup depending on the season, choice of main entree from the nightly menu, and Chef's accompaniments.
- Add-on an appetizer in the Speakeasy or a dessert!
Add to the Fun!
Looking to add to your experience? Check out our nightly activities below!
History of German Beer Workshop & Tasting
What is a German Beer? How far back do they go? Are ales, lagers, and wheat beers the same in Berlin as in Munich? Are they the roots of today’s craft beers? Sample 6 beers as we explore the history and myths in a fun 30-minute tasting.
Old World Favorites Cooking Demonstration
Several generations of Hohmeyer chefs are part of a centuries-long Old World culinary lineage dating back to medieval times. Explore seasonal themes from spaetzle to strudels via an interactive 30-minute cooking demo with recipes and how-tos.
History of Octoberfest Beer Workshop & Tasting
Join Ernest Hohmeyer for a 30-minute experience about the history of Octoberfest beer, replete with a tasting of 6 beers from around the world!
Reserve Your Experience
Use the form to the right (below on mobile) to get started with your reservation! Please keep in mind that our experiences are limited. If you are interested, we recommend reserving today!
Policies, Terms, & Conditions
- Incidentals and extras such as, but not limited to drinks, appetizers, desserts, and workshops are not included.
- Our limited experiences require a full, non-refundable deposit. Your credit card will be charged upon booking. If you are concerned about a having to cancel, we recommend purchasing travel insurance.
- The Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat is a limited seating/participation facility and the Lodge Staff is preparing activities for you. If you need to cancel your experience, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Info, policies, prices, advertisements, menus, etc. are subject to change without notice.