Classic Adirondack Alps Dinner
Our classic experience for over 50 years: more than just dinner.
Explore one of the last original Adirondack Lodges with 1920s Speakeasy. You'll need the password to get in!
Create Your Own Experience
- Begin your journey in one of the last of its kind: an original Adirondack lodge.
- Become inspired with an optional 30 minute Old World Cooking Demo or History of Beer Workshop.
- Explore a USA TODAY featured beer cellar.
- Warm in the fireside Speakeasy and, with glass in hand, meander to our 1886 hand-hewn dining room where a Farm-to-fork inspired dinner fused with Old World flair awaits.
Three Generations of the Hohmeyer Family Invite You
Step back in time to an 100-mile product philosophy based on Chef Cathy's family who built originally built the Lodge in 1886. We fuse this with the Old World traditions of Ernest's European family who bought the Lodge over 50 years ago. Together, the Lodge is the oldest continuing operating lodge in the Adirondack Park. We honor traditional and real foods wellness cooking including:
- Fresh vegetable stocks
- Slow roasts
- Hand-cut meats
- Bone broths
- Natural herbs and spices
All prepared in a unique "culinary naturopathy" cuisine as one of only seven Audubon International Platinum Green Hotels.
Dinners include vegetable stock & bone broth soups, Chef Accompaniments (choices vary each evening) such as fresh Lodge garden and farm vegetables, red cabbage, ancient grains such as quinoa, spaetzle or hand-grated potato pancakes.
- Ability to browse our Hand-crafted Beer & Wine Cellar with the Adirondack's largest selection of craft-import beers.
- Have dinner in the 1886 Hand-hewn Dining Room.
- Dinner includes farm-fresh nightly salad, choice of main entree from the nightly menu, and Chef's accompaniments such as Red Cabbage.
- Add-on an appetizer in the Speakeasy or a dessert!
- Set price dinner: $50 Per Person.
Book Your Experience
- Adults (11+): $50
- Children (5-10): $25
- Infants (4 & Under): $10
Policies, Terms, & Conditions
- Incidentals and extras such as, but not limited to drinks, appetizers, desserts, and workshops are not included.
- We are a restaurant and have a liquor license from the State of New York. This license and our insurance require that you do not bring any alcoholic beverage that has NOT been purchased from the Lake Clear Lodge/Adirondack Alps Restaurant to the property. Please do not bring your own beverages to our property or restaurant; they will be confiscated. Thank you for your understanding.
- Our limited experiences require a full, non-refundable deposit. Your credit card will be charged upon booking. If you are concerned about a having to cancel, we recommend purchasing travel insurance.
- The Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat is a limited seating/participation facility and the Lodge Staff is preparing activities for you. If you need to cancel your experience, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Info, policies, prices, advertisements, menus, etc. are subject to change without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Lake Clear Lodge open to the public?
Yes, on a limited basis and reservations are required.
What Are the Hours?
They vary depending on Holidays and special events, but typically are between 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM Wednesday and Friday - Sunday in the summer and weekends in the fall and winter. Check our Facebook pages (Adirondack Alps Restaurant and Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat) for updated hours.
Are Groups Welcome?
Groups to us mean 15 people or more including children. We would be happy to work with you for special timing or meals. Contact us directly.
Are You Open Other Nights?
For special occasions and a minimum number of participants (see groups above) it may be possible, please contact us directly.
Statement Regarding COVID-19
This is a public activity, and exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk; we *cannot* guarantee you will not be exposed during your experience or time on our property. We ask that you and your party please evaluate your own risk in determining whether to reserve and attend this experience. By booking this experience and coming to our property, you acknowledge and agree that you assume these inherent risks associated with attendance. You also agree that your party will comply with all regulations and guidelines.