Old World Takeout
& Food Hub
A fresh cooked, 100-mile focused Old World/Adirondack fusion cuisine available for takeout or delivery. Enjoy Lodge classics à la carte, or order a complete dinner with an interpretive Dinner Experience Kit.
Order farm-fresh ingredients, local products, or sign-up for a scheduled Community Supported Agriculture pickup from the Food Hub.
- Wednesday & Saturday
- Pickup/Delivery: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Visit the link below to get started with your online order (or give us a call)!
Step 1: Schedule Your Order
- Choose the date and time when you'd like order.
- Pick whether you'd like your order for pickup or delivery*.
Step 2: Create Your Order
- Browse our menu and add items to your order.
(P.S. You can also add food-hub items by selecting the "Food Hub" menu from the dropdown.)
Step 3: Pick Up & Enjoy!
- If you scheduled a pickup, arrive at the Lodge at your scheduled time to pick up your order!
- Or, if you requested delivery we will be there!
Gourmet Takeout & Delivery
Our 100-mile culinary focused cuisine with Old World imagination, honoring the timeless practices of slow cooking, vegetable stocks, bone broths, essential oils, and natural herbs and spices, now in your own home!
- Order famous Lodge appetizers, salads, soups, entrees, sides, and desserts - à la carte!
- Have Ernest add-on a wine or beer pairing from our USA TODAY featured Beer & Wine cellar.
- Indulge in a complete, three-course Lodge Great Camp dinner in your own home - a classic for over 50 years.
- New! Dinner Experience Kits: Gourmet takeout with an educational and interpretive twist. Check them out below.
This is all a part of natural essences that are drawn from the hands of four-generations that continue to hand-cut the stocks, stir the slow roasts, and bake artisan desserts with imaginative recipes from a fusion of Old World and Adirondack essences as the Adirondack Park’s longest operating Great Camp.
Old World Food Hub
We are going back to our “Common Roots” when in the 1800’s the Lodge was a Stagecoach Inn, Post Office and Trading Post operated by Cathy’s family! Adding in 3 generations of the Hohmeyer’s Old World family and you have an opportunity to keep those pioneering, local food traditions alive adding in an Old World flair.
Take part in the Lake Clear Lodge's expanding way for families and consumers to know where to go to get farm fresh foods on a scheduled basis for pick up, as well as to get fresh cooked foods from those products.
- A growing list of fresh Adirondack Foods
- Staple Items
- Local Community Supported Agriculture Pickup (CSA)
Dinner Experience Kits
Inspire a special evening with one of our classic Lodge Experiences, right from the comfort of your own home. Receive a video, interpretive materials, trivia, or recipes to make your dinner fun and educational.
Celebrate a special occasion, learn about the History of Beer with Ernest Hohmeyer, redefine cooking through Nutritional Energetics with Executive Chef Cathy, or explore Old World Food with recipes and beer and wine tastings as a few examples of our seasonal kits!
History of Beer Workshop & Tasting Kit
We would recommend adding on an Adirondack Alps appetizer to cleanse the palette between each beer!
Dinner Experience Kit Includes
- 2 Main Entrees + 2 Sides + 1 Complimentary Side of Red Cabbage
- 4 Craft Import Beers from the hidden Speakeasy Beer & Wine Cellar.
- 1 Special History of Beer Mat to place the beers in order + history and brewery info!
- 48-Hour digital access to this month's recorded workshop** as Ernest explains this month's History of Beer theme with colorful anecdotes and history.
- Live Online Q&A with Ernest: You get access to a monthly Q&A where Ernest goes live to answer your submitted questions, or you can login to ask your question(s)!
$139 Value: $99.95 Per Kit
Healing Woods Cooking Demo Kit
Each month, executive Chef Cathy Hohmeyer explores a food theme based on her internationally-featured work with Old World and traditional foods. She has now combined her work in Occupational Therapy and over 30 years as an Executive Chef with a new initiative “Nutritional Energetics.” It redefines food and cooking through a greater holistic approach to encompass the fusion of our body, mind and spirit.
Dinner Experience Kit Includes
- 2 Main Entrees + 2 Sides + 1 Complimentary Side of Our Famous Red Cabbage
- 7-Day Access to Chef Cathy's Recorded Digital Cooking Demonstration and/or Recipe Video where she leads you through this month's theme.
- PDF Recipe download(s) with step-by-step instructions that are yours for life.
- Ingredients to follow along - that way we know you're set on all the best ingredients!
- Live Q&A with Cathy: You get access to one of Cathy's monthly Q&As where she goes live to answer your submitted questions, or you can login to ask your question(s)!
- 1-Month Access to Cathy's Nutritional Energetics or Culinary Naturopathy Program
Monthly Cooking Demos range from “The World of Spaetzle,” and “Bone Broths” to the “Secrets of Essential Oils” and fun “Flavors of Old-World Strudels. The Cooking Demo is only the icing on the cake as Chef Cathy will introduce you to a complimentary new way to think about food.
$99.95 Value: $69.95 Per Kit
Old World Cooking Demonstration with Beer & Wine Pairing
Lodge & Hohmeyer family Old World favorites arrive at your home for an evening of savory fun! It will be as if you are in our Speakeasy Rathskeller sipping an Old World Beer or Wine and having an Adirondack Alps appetizer in front of the fire. Then, as we’ve done for over 50 years, delight in our classic three-course dinner. And, you can even enjoy the company of Cathy or Ernest, live, with your dinner - at home!
Experience Kit Includes
- From the Speakeasy with Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar, have Ernest add-on a wine or beer pairing with handouts.
- Chef Cathy's Old World Cooking Demo Video with Recipe (Themes change monthly).
- Receive a complimentary Adirondack Alps Old World Dessert.
$20 Per Kit - Coming Soon
Celebrate A Special Occasion
Make a birthday, anniversary, or other special occasion memorable with this unique kit.
Experience Kit Includes
- From the Speakeasy with Hidden Beer & Wine Cellar, have Ernest add-on a wine or beer pairing.
- An Adirondack Alps Old World Dessert, or inquire about a specially made dessert for your whole party!
- A Bouquet of Roses or Fresh Cut Flowers (you can include a hand-written note).
- While you savor your dinner, have fun with a trivia card on Adirondack myths and legends.
Price varies - coming soon.
Freshly Cooked, Traditional Old World Food
Chef Cathy’s family built the Lake Clear Lodge in 1886, sold it and eventually Ernest’s European family purchased it nearly 80 years later. This history unknown until after Cathy & Ernest were married. This fate stirs our cuisine of Adirondack pioneering roots and Old World essences. This is blended with Cathy’s signature “nutritional energetics.” It redefines food and cooking through a greater holistic recipe to encompass the fusion of our body, mind and spirit.
Frequently Asked Questions & Policies
- I have a group, can we order for delivery/on a day other than what's listed?
Yes! If you have a group of 8 or more (or meet the order minimum) we can deliver or accommodate you on a day that isn't listed; please send us a message on live chat, our contact form, or give us a call! There is an order minimum required.
- Is there a delivery minimum?
Yes, there is a $100 minimum for delivery.
- What happens if I'm late to pickup my order?
We offer a 15-minute window after your scheduled time to pickup your order. However, if we do not hear from you by then your order will be automatically forfeit. If you're going to be a little late, no problem; we just request that you give us a call so we can keep it hot for you!
- What if I want to cancel my order after I've placed it?
Please call to cancel your order at least 24 hours before your scheduled pickup time for a full refund minus a 10% credit card processing fee. If your order is cancelled within 24 hours of your scheduled delivery/pickup time, you can use your payment as credit towards a future order.
- ** Experience Kit Content
Our experience kits are designed to be enjoyed during your dinner, and so they have limited-time access to digital content that requires an internet-enabled device to view. However, not every kit is limited. Some kits have recipes and other downloadable content that you get to keep!