Old World Takeout
& Food Hub
A fresh cooked, 100-mile focused Old World/Adirondack fusion cuisine available for takeout.
Order farm-fresh ingredients, local products, or sign-up for a scheduled Community Supported Agriculture pickup from the Food Hub.
- Closed until December 19th.
- Visit the link below to get started with your online order (or give us a call)!
Step 1: Schedule Your Order
- Choose the date and time when you'd like to pickup your order.
Step 2: Create Your Order
- Browse our menu and add items to your order.
Step 3: Pick Up & Enjoy!
- Please arrive at the Lodge at your scheduled time to pick up your order!
Adirondack Alps Takeout
Our 100-mile culinary focused cuisine with Old World imagination, honoring the timeless practices of slow cooking, vegetable stocks, bone broths, essential oils, and natural herbs and spices, now in your own home!
- Order our classic Great Camp Dinner for takeout. Every night the menu has a different theme!
- Wednesday: Speakeasy Night
- Friday: A Taste of Germany
- Saturday: The Pioneering Days
- Have Ernest add-on a wine or beer pairing from our USA TODAY featured Beer & Wine cellar.
This is all a part of natural essences that are drawn from the hands of four-generations that continue to hand-cut the stocks, stir the slow roasts, and bake artisan desserts with imaginative recipes from a fusion of Old World and Adirondack essences as the Adirondack Park’s longest operating Great Camp.
A taste of the Adirondack Alps! Enjoy Lodge classics for takeout, delivery (limited), or enjoy it by the lakefront!
- Large Soft-baked Pretzel with Homemade Mustard
- Lodge Chicken Schnitzel
- Old World Sauerbraten
- Side of Red Cabbage
- Side of Spaetzle
- Add-on a Fresh-baked Apple Strudel or Old World Craft Imports
For Four: $79.95; For Two: $49.95.
Old World Food Hub
We are going back to our “Common Roots” when in the 1800’s the Lodge was a Stagecoach Inn, Post Office and Trading Post operated by Cathy’s family! Adding in 3 generations of the Hohmeyer’s Old World family and you have an opportunity to keep those pioneering, local food traditions alive adding in an Old World flair.
Take part in the Lake Clear Lodge's expanding way for families and consumers to know where to go to get farm fresh foods on a scheduled basis for pick up, as well as to get fresh cooked foods from those products.
- A growing list of fresh Adirondack Foods
- Staple Items
- Local Community Supported Agriculture Pickup (CSA)
Freshly Cooked, Traditional Old World Food
Chef Cathy’s family built the Lake Clear Lodge in 1886, sold it and eventually Ernest’s European family purchased it nearly 80 years later. This history unknown until after Cathy & Ernest were married. This fate stirs our cuisine of Adirondack pioneering roots and Old World essences. This is blended with Cathy’s signature “nutritional energetics.” It redefines food and cooking through a greater holistic recipe to encompass the fusion of our body, mind and spirit.
Frequently Asked Questions & Policies
- I have a group, can we order for on a day other than what's listed?
Yes! If you have a group of 8 or more (or meet the order minimum) we can potentially accommodate you on a day that isn't listed; please send us a message on live chat, our contact form, or give us a call! There is an order minimum required.
- What happens if I'm late to pickup my order?
We offer a 15-minute window after your scheduled time to pickup your order. However, if we do not hear from you by then your order will be automatically forfeit. If you're going to be a little late, no problem; we just request that you give us a call so we can keep it hot for you!
- What if I want to cancel my order after I've placed it?
Please call to cancel your order at least 24 hours before your scheduled pickup time for a full refund minus a 10% credit card processing fee. If your order is cancelled within 24 hours of your scheduled delivery/pickup time, you can use your payment as credit towards a future order.