Classic Adirondack Alps Dinner Experience
Our staple dinner experience for over 50 years! A forgotten Adirondack culinary tradition where your table is our 25 acres.
Create Your Own Experience
- Begin your journey in one of the last of its kind: an original Adirondack lodge.
- Become inspired with an optional 30 minute Old World Cooking Demo or History of Beer Workshop.
- Explore a USA TODAY featured beer cellar.
- Warm in the fireside Rathskeller and, with glass in hand, meander to our 1886 hand-hewn dining room where a Farm-to-fork inspired dinner fused with Old World flair awaits.
Three Generations of the Hohmeyer Family Invite You
Step back in time to an 100-mile product philosophy based on Chef Cathy's family who built originally built the Lodge in 1886. We fuse this with the Old World traditions of Ernest's European family who bought the Lodge over 50 years ago. Together, the Lodge is the oldest continuing operating lodge in the Adirondack Park. We honor traditional and real foods wellness cooking including:
- Fresh vegetable stocks
- Slow roasts
- Hand-cut meats
- Bone broths
- Natural herbs and spices
All prepared in a unique "culinary naturopathy" cuisine as one of only seven Audubon International Platinum Green Hotels.
Dinners include vegetable stock & bone broth soups, Chef Accompaniments (choices vary each evening) such as fresh Lodge garden and farm vegetables, red cabbage, ancient grains such as quinoa, spaetzle or hand-grated potato pancakes.
Add On to the Experience
The Family Dining Experience
As a family operated business for three generations, we welcome your family to our Adirondack Alps dining experience. We encourage families to bring their children and explore the world of traditional and real foods. You can do this in several ways:
- Children’s portions from our regular menu. A child favorite is our chicken schnitzel, but other options may include Mac and Cheese Spaetzle, Adirondack Alps Wursts (sausages), or Hohmeyer Family Classic "Frikadellen".
- You can also pre-order for “Family Fast Dinners,” or a take-out to your artisan lodging. Though we hand prepare all of our meals, you can pre-order your dinner to expedite the experience. Here, you can have the best of both worlds where you can arrive for an appetizer in the Speakeasy Rathskeller, have dinner or take it to your artisan lodging.
- Picnic lunches or dinners down at the Beach Gazebo’s in season.
Our Family’s Request to Yours
- There are numerous games in the Fireside Rathskeller children can use while you are there.
- Our dinner was family time and we encourage you to do the same. Electronic devices are not allowed in the 1886 dining room and we presume everyone will be sitting together while dinner is being served.
- Children above the age of 12 are expected to eat a regular dinner.
- As seating is limited, there will be a minimal charge of $10 per child.